We may amend this information so please re visit this page to ensure that you are happy with the amendments.
By registering or placing an order on our websites, you consent to the compilation, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
There are three hotels in the Samuel Solley Hotels (Ltd) Group. Best Western Kings Manor Hotel, Edinburgh, www.kingsmanor.com - Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel, Glenrothes, www.balgeddiehouse.com and Pitbauchlie House Hotel, Dunfermline, www.pitbauchlie.com
We collect information as follows:-
When you make a booking or enquiry online, by email or by phone, information including your name, contact details and credit or debit card information are required.
- When you check in and complete a registration card.
- When you subscribe to an annual membership.
- For Health and Safety Purposes and incident monitoring CCTV images and recordings will only be stored and processed as required by law.
- We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as details from e-mails or letters you send to us.
- To uphold customer service standards and to aid training, we may record and monitor calls.
- During your stay we may collect information from you in the form of requests and guest questionnaires.
- After your stay we will preserve relevant information about you to enable us to comply with our legal obligations (e.g. financial record keeping) and to ease the accommodation of any future stays.
How is your information used:-
- To enable us to process reservations and special requests, invoice you and to contact you where necessary regarding your bookings.
- We will also use the information to administer, support and improve customer experiences.
- Requesting services on your behalf with third parties.
- We may use your information to contact you for feedback and to where appropriate inform you about changes to the website or our services.
- Where you have opted in and consented we may contact you to advise of products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
Security and Data Retention:
- We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
All information is retained on our secure servers.
Who has access to your information?
- Third Party Service Providers and Third Party Data processors working on our behalf: we may pass your information to our third party service providers and agents; however, we only disclose information that is necessary to provide the service.
- Law Enforcement/Regulatory Bodies: we may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We will share your data with Best Western Suppliers working on our behalf and and the hotel(s) at which you have made a reservation.
- We will NOT share your personal information with any other third party.
Subscribing to Samuel Solley Hotels
- If you subscribe to one of Samuel Solley Hotels, we will only retain your email address, to be added to the hotels mailing list for the purpose of products, competitions, promotions and offers.
- If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please let us know.
Under data protection laws, you have the following rights:-
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold and the right to ask us to correct mistakes or update details.
- In certain situations you may ask us to delete information.
- You have the right to receive a copy of all personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used data and machine readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party.
- You can change your marketing preferences at any time. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us please follow the unsubscribe link on our communications or contact us.
- This Policy applies only to our website and not to links on the third party sites you visit via our links.
Links to other Websites
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in April 2018.